Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Some New Items on the List!

89. Get certified in ASL
90. Learn how to crochet
91. Learn how to knit
92. Watch all of Modern Family
93. Rewatch all of Star Trek TNG
94. Have a pergola with a grape vine growing on it
95. Buy a house
96. Have a dog named Manchee
97. Adopt or surrogate a child
98. Bake 50 cakes
99. Bake 50 things that aren't cookies, pies or cakes
100. Read all of Jane Austen's books
101. Grow gourds and make bird houses out of them
102. Make my own wreath
103. Grow herbs to make my own tea/have a tea garden
104. Make a meal/dish with food grown only by me
105. Put my feet in 25 different bodies of water
106. Try 40 different artisinal cheeses
107. Play 20 different putt-putt/mini-golf courses 

Some very very big and life changing goals there if they ever happen and some goals that aren't life changing at all, but fun nonetheless.

6 comments:

  1. I totally applaud both you and Debi for your lists ! Today as I read this list I instantly knew this was something I could never do. It is like how I only "commit" to one book for RIP. (yes I read more but commit to only one) If I were to write a list like this down it would drive me crazy trying every moment to be doing those things to cross them off the list... it looks like a "commitment" to me!
    I could use a good therapist Chris.. want the job? sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, it would be great though to live every moment trying to cross those things off your list :) They don't have to be unreachable things! I have a lot of things on my list that very well may be unreachable. I doubt I'll ever see the Taj Mahal but it sure would be nice...I may never meet the man of my dreams, but that would be nice too :p LOL...But I can bake 50 cookies! You could make goals like collecting pictures of 50 different birds....identifying 20 different creatures in the pond....Reading two books from your TBR a week....Walking the trail every day....The whole purpose of me doing this was not so much to go on a big adventure (though that would be nice :P) but to live more "intentionally". Just to start seeing a little bit more each day, even in the things I already do. I'm telling you, you could do it to where it was fun and not stressful, you just have to do it in a way that works for you :)

      Delete
    2. I so hope you meet the man of your dreams Chris. You so deserve the happiness of loving and being loved. of all the things on your list I hope the man of your dreams becomes a reality.

      Delete
  2. Oh Chris, I LOVE these new additions!!! So much fun stuff on there...might even have to steal a few. :D

    And Pat, I totally get what you're saying--I have a tendency to do that too. But I really think Chris is right--its more about living intentionally. Thinking about the things that make you happy--yes, some big and possibly unattainable but really even more the small things--and choosing to making them prominent in your daily living. Does that make any sense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it does but I have this problem.. no matter how much I love something as soon as I feel "i have to "... I find I no longer want it. I'm weird lol.

      Delete
  3. Wow!! That's so interesting!!! Ah, I LOVE " Modern Family" too :D
    I'm rooting for you crossed all of your list!

    ReplyDelete