Wednesday, October 2, 2013

#106 - Try 40 Different Artisinal Cheeses Update





This cheese comes from Whole Foods and it's called 6 Month Maine Cheddar Pineland Farms. I can tell you now that there probably won't be a bad review in these 40 cheeses :p I've yet to meet a cheese that I didn't like. Well that's not entirely true....I don't like blue cheese and I don't like brie...but then again, you won't see me buying those to write about on here ;)

One of the things I LOVE about Whole Foods is their cheese department...yes DEPARTMENT. They have literally hundreds of cheeses. I like really sharp cheeses. The sharper the better really and this is a pretty sharp cheese. They always have samples out too, so if I take a sample of a cheese that I like, I usually end up buying a small block of it :p And that's what I did with this one.

This cheddar was just PERFECT! Very sharp and aged perfectly and fairly soft too which I like. I don't like really hard cheeses. This was just creamy and yum yum yum. How cool would it be to get to visit these dairy farms too?? Maybe I should make it a goal to visit some of these places :p I could see Pineland farms! Anyway...this is one I can see myself buying again. There are a handful of cheeses I've bought from Whole Foods over the years that I go back to every now and then and this is one I would add to that list.

3 comments:

  1. wow... i miss cheese! One of the "high cholestrol" things I can't have. *pout* I always loved grilled aged swiss cheese sandwiches! and loved munching on Extra sharp Coon Cheese!.. agh.. now I have to stop thinking of cheese lol.. Oh..there is one I wouldn't even "try".. Limburger! (short story: I was visiting my neighbors who where my sister in laws, in-laws. The man was playing with my16 month old son (still in diapers)) sitting him on his foot and playing "horsie" giving him a little ride..when all of a sudden I got a smell in my nose that said: utoh, he dirtied his diaper" and took him and told them I was going home to change his diaper, when the man laughed and said it wasn't his diaper I smelled... his wife had opened the refrigerator and on the door was Limburger cheese and that's what I mistook for.. umm... poop! Limburger will NEVER pass my lips! lol lol lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( I'm so sorry you can't have cheese!!!! That would be one hard thing for me to give up! You have me craving a grilled swiss cheese sandwich now! And I will GLADLY pass on limburger cheese after that story!! LOL

      Delete
  2. This is one goal I may have to find a way to add to Rich's and my list! I'm envious!!! Though, yeah, I think I'll pass on trying limburger now too, Pat! That story totally cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete