Thursday, October 10, 2013

#113 - Walk 50 Trails Update

I decided to drive down to the city today and walk Audubon park's trail. I really don't think there's a more beautiful place in the city. It's so serene, so beautiful, and it's an area in a very busy city that hasn't been touched. There are trees that are hundreds of years old dripping with moss, tons of birds and turtles and squirrels and butterflies, and a beautiful two mile walking track that winds around it.
When I saw my psychiatrist, he said that the number one thing he wants me to start doing right now is exercising, and I see why now. I felt SO much better after walking today and I'm going to try to start doing it every day. In fact, I made a new goal out of it...one that will likely take me 20+ years to accomplish :p But it'll still be a neat one to accomplish someday. It's to intentionally walk the circumference of the earth, which is 24,901.55 miles.
Like I said, walking two miles a day, it's going to take QUITE a bit of time for me to get there :p But if I can get myself to eventually walk/jog/run MORE than two miles a day, this could go much quicker.
There's actually a state park right by my apartment that has a GORGEOUS trail that's almost five miles long, but it would probably take me about five hours to walk it :p And that's because there's also tons of wildlife, birds, flora and fauna along that trail. I'd be going at a snail's pace because I'd be taking pictures of everything, LOL. But I plan on going to walk that before I go back to work.
I'm going to make this part of my routine though. Even when I go back to work and don't get off until 11 o'clock, I live in a gated apartment complex with a nice paved giant parking lot that I can walk and we also have a gym! I could always jump on the treadmill. But I'd really like to start seeing a bit of nature every day. And I felt so much better after walking today :)





3 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos, Chris!!! And I do so love that "walk the circumference of Earth" goal! It will be great fun hitting all those intermediate goals along the way won't it--like your first hundred miles, and then your first thousand, etc. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it will be :D Glad you like the photos! It's my favorite park here and really one of my favorite places. Remember Tulane and Loyola? The two colleges next to each other on St. Charles Ave uptown? Loyola is that really cool college with the gothic architecture...well this park is right across the street from there!

      Delete
  2. How could I not like them--they're beautiful! I could definitely see some of those making gorgeous postcards too!

    ReplyDelete