Sunday, October 13, 2013

#39 - Bake 50 Different Pies Update


I grew up with this pie and I'll always have memories of my gram attached to it. Lemon meringue pie. One of my favorites. For almost every holiday for as long as I can remember, my gram has ALWAYS had a lemon meringue pie at her house....this is my mom's mom. Right before I moved into my apartment, I told my gram at Easter that I was going to have to get her recipe for lemon meringue pie from her one day. I said it laughing, thinking it was a secret recipe that she was going to take to the grave with her because it tastes SO. DAMN. GOOD. So I can't even BEGIN to tell you how hard I laughed when she nonchalantly went into her pantry and came out with a box of jello lemon pudding mix and said "here you go!" Yep....she uses the recipe right off the lemon pudding jello box. She makes her meringue a tiny bit differently, but I use the meringue recipe off of the pudding box too. Three egg white and 1/3 cup of sugar. And I use a frozen pie crust too. This is a pretty easy pie to make but it's SO DAMN GOOD! See that, all in caps twice in this post....I promise you it really is :p

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the lemon layer and absolutely despise the meringue layer! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha....I know what you mean actually :p I do like meringue, but I'd actually rather it with cool whip!

      Delete
  2. Oooh yeah, Cool Whip sounds awesome on it! Or I could just cook a dish full of the lemon part and eat the whole thing with a spoon. :P

    ReplyDelete