Tuesday, October 29, 2013

#106 - Try 40 Different Artisinal Cheeses Update

Next up on the cheese list is Meadowkaas Uniekaas. Who knew that cheese could have such a cool name? :p One of the things that I love so much about Whole Foods aside from the fact that everything is organic there and that you can find incredibly awesome stuff there and that they have a huge CHEESE department is that they also always have "cheese under $3" for those (like me) who can't afford to spend $10 on a block of cheese. Plus I live alone so I'm not likely to eat an entire block of cheese before it goes bad.


They always have these cheeses out to sample and it never fails that when I taste them, I want a wedge of it :p Especially if it's a really sharp cheese. Seriously, they don't make a cheese that's too sharp for me! The sharper the better. And this is an example of a REALLY sharp cheese. And this wedge only cost me $1.24! They sell it according to weight of course, so they always have a little basket of small wedges.


They also had fresh baked crostinis from their bakery for $2 per bag and they were pretty big bags so I bought a bag to split with my mom and the cheese goes perfect with them :) They had this really good looking fig jam that I almost bought too but I stopped myself :p

Like I said, this cheese was REALLY good! Really sharp, pretty soft and with a heavy wax rind around it that I had to cut off...you could tell it was a soft cheese and aged because the wax had sort of melded with the outer part of the cheese...you couldn't just peel it off. Anyway, just the kind of cheese I like and this really would've been so good if I would've bought the fig jam too and eaten it with that on the crostini!

1 comment: