Sunday, September 13, 2015

Happy Stuff of the Day!

Another Sunday has come and gone and with it a bunch of little happy things. I liked Debi's idea in the comments of doing "happy posts" again, so I'll try to do them every now and then...trying to be more aware of the good things that the day has brought. I can't promise they'll become terribly frequent posts. It's not that there's not good stuff in every day, it's that there's not always the time to write up a post. What I CAN do though is try to be more aware of the things that bring me joy, even if for only a short moment, each day. So today...


It was the start of regular season for the Saints!! Though, yes...we played horribly and lost :( But I still love football season and love game days. We normally all get together at my mom's house and grill for the game and that's exactly what we did today. The weather was just gorgeous too. It was just me, my mom and my little brother for the first half and my dad came over for the second half. It was good to get him out of his house for a little while. He wasn't feeling great though, so he went home a little before the game ended.

After the game, me and my brother went to my dad's and finally moved a bunch of old furniture out of the house and onto the curb so that he can get a new bed. He needs one desperately. My dad has slept on a recliner for 3 years now for reasons I won't even try to explain. Not much makes sense with my dad. But he's finally agreed to get a bed with chemo likely coming up very soon. So we cleaned out my grandma's old room, which will become his now. It was tough work, but I'm glad it's done so that he'll have a peaceful place.


Speaking of my brother, I just love this picture of him and his girlfriend so much :) They're so cute together and so perfect together. They've been together over a year now and she's such a sweetheart. She's great for him too. She's been a fantastic motivator for him when it comes to school and really just life in general.


Lizards! It's no secret that I think lizards are just adorable if you take a look at my instagram feed :p New Orleans is FULL of little anole lizards, but I don't think this is an anole lizard. It's a little bit bigger and has spots on it. I've never seen one that looks like this down here...Wondering what it is!


Pumpkin Spice Lattes! It's finally that time of the year!!! PSLs are a very happy drink for me. They're not only absolutely amazing and just fill you with warmth, but they're also a seasonal drink that remind me that the worst of summer is surely over. And looking at the 10 day forecast today, there's not a single day of temperatures above the 80s! Hooray!


Tonight's sunset was absolutely gorgeous. I wish a camera could do it justice, but it just can't. It's the kind of sunset that makes you wish you were a painter. At least it makes me wish *I* were a painter :p Because I'm definitely not. But the sky looked like a piece of art tonight.

Talked to a friend tonight that I hadn't talked to in awhile for about 45 minutes and while talking to her I got my laundry done, got my floors swept, got my patio swept and got Megan's package packed up and ready to mail tomorrow. Oh and I got my overnight bag mostly packed to bring to work with me tomorrow to sleep at my mom's for my dad's biopsy Tuesday morning.

All in all, a good day :)

3 comments:

  1. Yep, love this post to pieces! :D Sounds like you had a really great Sunday, and damn! does that make me happy!!! That pic of Austin and his sweetie is so adorable! What a good-looking couple they are, huh? You know, I may be the only person on the planet who does not like pumpkin spice lattes. Which I guess is good since they're so expensive. But it's yet another thing that makes me feel like an oddball. Good thing I don't mind being an oddball. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun Sunday! Glad to hear when you have those days! That lizard is the type I have millions of! I don't know their name..but they are all over in all sizes! sheesh! They used to drive Booboo nuts! lol
    I am not the football fan you are (though I watch now and then) but this years Super Bowl I won't miss because Bruno Mars has been asked to do half time.. I adore him!! and Love "uptown funk"!!
    I pray that Tuesday goes well. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lizard is a female eastern fence lizard! Great pic! You are lucky to live where there are lizards. We have one species in our area and after living here 12 years, I've seen only one individual...for about 1 second.

    ReplyDelete