Saturday, November 2, 2013

#47 - Drink 50 New To Me Beers Update


I really should've called this goal beers AND ales as I like ales quite a bit, but we're just going to assume that I did :p I'm not going to count stuff like ciders though...so from here on out...beers, ales, stouts...you get the picture :p This goal will likely take awhile to finish as I'm not a big fan of drinking by myself. Which is a good thing! LOL. I'm much more of a social drinker. But I did buy a six pack of this because it sounded so good and had one on Halloween night after work and it was indeed very good!

It's called Pumpkick! It's a seasonal ale brewed by New Belgium Brewing in Fort Collins, CO. It's brewed with pumpkin juice, cranberry juice and "spices" and all of that deliciousness really does come through in it.


As you can see this is a lighter beer (well light for me :p) but it has a very robust taste like the darker beers that I tend to prefer. It has hints of sweetness while not actually being sweet and it really is a PERFECT fall beer and I'm very happy that there are still five more sitting in the fridge for me ;) Just wish I had someone to drink them WITH! They'll probably still be in there next halloween :p I just threw away Abita's Christmas ale that had been in the fridge since last Christmas, lol.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, you might want to consider joining Untappd.com - a very fun way to track your beers, ales, etc. (You know how to find me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminded me that I've been meaning to ask you--what Abita brew do you prefer? Rich and I bought some (though now I can't remember which--I'll have to ask Rich) for our Louisiana beer, but we hated it. It was very malty, and we (especially Rich, but me too) prefer hoppy. So we still need to do a Louisiana brew for our list (because I wouldn't even finish mine :P ).

    ReplyDelete