Saturday, September 21, 2013

#71 Get Donuts From 25 Different Donut Shops Update


I am a certified donut-a-holic and when this number for the list came to my mind, I got all excited :p I wanted to make the goal "get donuts from 100 different donut shops" but I had to limit myself to 25 :p Though once we hit 25, we may have to raise the number. Donuts truly may be my favorite food! But it's so hard to find a good bakery! I'm not a huge fan of the big chains. Though truly I don't think a bad donut exists. Krispy Kreme, Dunkin Donuts, Tim Hortons...all chains I've been to that have donuts that are OK, but they're not blow you away amazing. It's these local bakeries that have the amazing donuts. Though I'm sure you'll see all of those chains appearing on the list too :p

Rocko's is a place I found when googling donut shops on the northshore. It's about 20 minutes away from my apartment, but today I was in need of some "feel good food" so I decided to make the drive. They sell donuts and chicken fingers! I got the chicken fingers too and those weren't so good. I didn't even finish my meal. But the donuts...oh they were good! And I can totally see myself driving 20 minutes again to get their donuts!

I got three glazed donuts and an apple fritter. I would've gotten a better variety but I'm guessing you have to get there early if you want a variety. Not much left aside from powdered donuts and cake donuts which aren't bad but they're not my favorites. The glazed donuts are PERFECT! Soft and fluffy with a delicious glaze on the outside and OMG the apple fritters. *cries* Let's just say it's a good thing they're 20 minutes away!! I don't need to be eating those every day and I would be if they were closer :p They're HUGE and just...SO GOOD!

So #1 on the list sets the bar high for the next 24! Excited to see what deliciousness lies ahead :p


1 comment:

  1. LOL--you should have just made it 100! :D I can't imagine anyone not liking donuts, can you? Rich just isn't much of a sweets kind of person, but even he loves donuts! Your photo has me salivating away, and I'm not even hungry right now. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete